Sunday, January 13, 2008

Rocky Mountain High

I enjoyed a lovely drive to CO today. The scenery was gorgeous, the weather was perfect, the roads were dry, and the drive was really great--didn't seem like 8 hours at all. I was able to listen to "The Hobbit" on MP3, and got through about half of "The Fellowship of the Ring" as well. I also shuffled up the "1 of 10" tracks that Amanda gave me on my iPod (over 1000 songs) and listened to some of those as well. It was a very pleasant drive.

I've got my last three interviews here in CO this week, and then it's just the waiting game until I find out where I'm going to end up.

I'm working in a PICU this month, and to be honest, I'm glad to have the week off for interviews, because the PICU is a little tough on me. I am more grateful than ever to have a niece and nephew who were both born healthy. I'm more aware than ever that I never could have made it as a Pediatric Oncologist. That's all I really want to say about the PICU right now.

I'm looking forward to exploring some of CO this week.
Cheers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Danae said...

Hoo-ray for being done with your interviews!! I hope that you have a nice and SAFE drive back to NV. Good luck!!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Little Momma said...

I am glad that you had a good trip and that you didn't get caught in any winter storms. Colorado can get some big ones. I know it is hard to see children suffer and that you have a tender heart. If for no other reason, that would make the PICU a tough place to be working. My hat is off to you for all the help you give those little ones.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Kjersti said...

I'm glad you got up to Colorado safely. Just don't fall in love with any of the programs in Colorado, because I want you to come home more than anything else in the WORLD! I'm excited to hear about all your interviews! As always, I'm completely proud of you.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home