Dirty Little Secret
So, a month or so ago, Danae unwittingly published my dirty little secret by posting the following picture on her facebook page:

Now, I'm not really a closet cross-stitcher. My mom did teach me to cross stitch when I was a kid, and I made a couple little things with my name on them, but I haven't picked up the craft in probably around 20 years, until now.
I was inspired because of my love (which is my other dirty little not-so-secret) for this guy:
I already had The Love, but Adam gave me The Fever when I went to his concert in Boise back in July. I went with two of my sisters and my cousin, Sonja, who all also have varying stages of The Fever themselves, though I maintain that I caught it the worst. We drove six hours to Boise to get to the concert, and then six hours home the same night, so we could all be back in time for work the next morning. That is LOVE (and Fever).
Because of The Fever, I bought an insane (but necessary) amount of Adam merchandise on ebay, including a pattern for cross stitching Adam's face. The part you see done on the top picture is some of his hair on one side. The finished product will look like this:
(if you want to cross stitch this as well, you can find the pattern for purchace here or here).Now, I just have to say, that working on this project (a project I unabashedly call "Doing Adam") has given me a new appreciation for cross stitching, and for the people in my life that choose to do this as a hobby. For those of you who don't know, it is HARD. The tiny section of hair that you see done in the top picture represents hours and hours of work. My aunt, Nolana, was cross stitching 4 different angels last year, one for each season, and I remember in her news letters that she hoped to have each one done during the season it represented, and I thought, 'Well, you have 3 months, that should be plenty of time.' Now I know better. She worked HARD to get each of those angels done in just 3 months. I'm going to be "Doing Adam" FOREVER!
But look at that face.
WORTH IT!!
Cheers!


5 Comments:
I laughed out loud after some of the cute things you said in this post. I have the pattern, but less of the will to "do Adam." I tried to do a fairy last year to give to Chelsee for Christmas, and after months of working on it, I realized I would be doing that fairy FOREVER. Not worth it, in the fairy's case.
Kameryn walked in while I was reading this post, saw the picture of the cross stitch and said, "There's Adam!" I think we've taught her well!
LOVE this post. I love the pictures, I love you admitting that you are obsessed with Adam, and I love the "necessary" merchandise that you bought off of E-bay! Plus anything that reminds me of our trip to Boise automatically makes me happy.
The point isn't how fast you can do it; the point is how much enjoyment you can get while doing it. Enjoy every moment of your forever. :)
Allison, you totally make me laugh! I didn't know I outed you, so sorry about that! I agree with Nolana and it is definitely about what you get out of it. Mom, I think Sophie is gonna want a Fairy cross-stitch, so maybe you'll have to pick that back up! ;)
I love that you can tell what our family is obsessed with by what the kid's say. When Kami knows who Adam is, and all of the "Poker Face" songs, and Xena, etc... so funny! I can't wait to see the finished project Allie! And I hope some of that necessary Adam merchandise finds it way into my Christmas presents. :) The Boise concert was amazing! :) :) :) ADAM!
Post a Comment
<< Home