Saturday, September 24, 2011

We're not in College Anymore...

Until today, I have owned a minimal amount of "real" furniture. Most of my stuff is inherited from childhood, handed down from friends/family that were moving and needing to downsize, or purchaced at someplace like Target or K-Mart. So, it's mostly what I call "college girl furniture." Even the nice stuff that I own (my rolltop desk and my piano) were both inherited, not purchased. But today, I've taken yet another step to actually becoming an actual grown-up. I went to an actual furniture store, and bought "real" furniture.
It was just my luck this week that the furniture place just down the street is closing it's doors, and it is having an "everything must go!!!" sale. The sensible Turner genes in my body, (the ones that say, "everything I have is perfectly functional") were overthrown by the Hanna genes, (the ones that say, "OMG!!! IT'S ON SALE!!!") and I bought front room and family room furniture as well as a mattress set for the guest room. I would have bought a bedroom set as well, but they were already all sold.
Since we were buying couches and chairs for two rooms, I let Steve pick the furniture for the family room, and I picked the furniture for the front room.
Now, you may be asking yourselves, "What about the black leather loveseat and chair that were already in the family room?" That is a wonderful question. It turns out, Wes has been wanting such a set of black leather furniture, so they are now occupying his bedroom. (It's getting so cozy in there, he may never come out again).

New couch in the family room.

New Front Room

How Freaking Sweet Are These Seats?

And the New Sofa.

And I need to say that I am THRILLED with how much money I saved on this furniture. Seriously, thrilled. Especially on my gorgeous front room. Thrilled.

I should also note that this day is momentous for Steve and Wes, because they both have their man-chairs and their Macbooks (Air for Steve, Pro for Wes) and I think that this day marks the moment in each of their lives when all of their wildest dreams have come true.

I couldn't get a picture of the recliner without Steve in it, because he hasn't moved from this spot since we brought it home, except to move it into the family room once Wes moved his into his room.

Cheers!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kjersti said...

I LOVE the new furniture! I love the front room! And it's great to see the boys so happy. I'm just still a little jealous that I'm not there. Love you!

7:06 AM  
Blogger jenny.hawkes said...

Congratulations on this milestone! =) I love the chairs!

11:09 PM  
Blogger gamefreak said...

This house seems ready for parties and stuff now. The front room furniture is facing a bare wall for which we have a projector. So now its like we have two movie rooms. One that's more spacious, and closer to the kitchen. One that's smaller, but with a mini-bar, and still pretty close to the kitchen. lol

4:53 PM  
Blogger Kae Loy said...

I loved this post and your new furniture. I laughed out loud when I read your clever words and saw the expressions on Steve's and Wes's faces. I feel a little sorry for your Turner genes, but only a little. After all, the nice black leather chair and love seat were "perfectly good" for Wes's room. That was a very sensible place to put them. Can't wait to see your new furniture in person and to watch some movies in that spacious room that is so close to the kitchen!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

The furniture looks awesome!! It also looks like it would have cost a fortune of it hadn't been on sale! I have those Turner genes too! Love Wes and Steve's faces! Looks like you are all having a great time!

9:42 AM  
Blogger K.J. said...

Hey, Hey! I LOVE it when new stuff is on sale!!!! Your furniture looks fabulous!!!! Love and miss you girl!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Danae said...

Good for you, Allie! I'm lovin the furniture you picked out. It looks great! Again, I hope to someday come and visit this awesome house and sit in all your awesome furniture and sleep in the guest room.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home