Kodiak House Hunting Trip
So, we're in Kodiak this week, looking for houses, and spending quality time in this charming town. We arrived to sunny weather, without a hitch, Sunday evening, went directly to the Old Powerhouse for sushi, and then to the apartment, that the hospital is providing for our stay (which has this view, by the way)
to catch the end of the Oscars (we saw Mr. Darcy win best actor, and 'The King's Speech' win best picture).
Yesterday we slept in a bit, got coffee at the 'Fly By' and visited the clinic where I will soon be working. They have built a new building for the clinic since I was here in 2007, and it is the most beautiful clinic I have ever seen. I'm really so excited to be able to work here!
In their break room, they have framed pictures of the doctors and nurse practitioners, and they also had this:
It's kinda cool to be starting at a place that is as excited about me as I am about them!
We are starting our official house hunting today with a realtor, but we did our own driving investigation yesterday. Many of you have seen the pictures of this house
that boasts this view
and was probably the front-runner in my preliminary internet-based house hunt. What they didn't show online is that just behind the photographer of the first picture, and to the left a little in the second picture is a shack-looking house with a broken down shed in its front yard and at least two trucks on the lawn that don't look like they have moved from their positions in quite some time.There are also a few other houses from my online search that seem promising, and rumor has it there are a number of really great houses that are for sale by owner, that are not listed online, so today's search may yield new favorites as well.
Other great pictures from our trip so far are labeled below:
That's all for now.
Cheers!
Cheers!


2 Comments:
Holy cow that house is GORGEOUS! I can totally see why you would want it. I hope you're able to get a great deal on it. I think it's pretty awesome you're moving to Alaska, btw.
I'd just like everyone to know that I'm the one that took the picture of all the bald eagles in that tree, just from my camera phone. Pretty sweet huh? Chelsee's skills rubbed off on me. That, and dad bought me a nice phone. lol
Post a Comment
<< Home