In The Kitchen
I know I've probably mentioned it before, but I really love to cook. I've always liked to cook, and have taken pride in making good food ever since I was a kid.
Back in 2007, I came to Kodiak for the first time, and went home with 100 pounds of salmon and halibut. Now I'm a little girl who grew up in the desert, and my experience to that point in my life with cooking fish was warming up frozen fish sticks in the oven. That's when I started watching the Food Network and other cooking shows, and checking out recipes online or buying cook books. I feel like I have really started to blossom as a cook. I love figuring out what to do with what I've got, be it gifted vegetables, or an assortment of 6 random ingredients in my frig that are going to go bad in the next few days if they're not used. It's so fun to figure out how to use something to make something new and delicious.
Anyway, I know that I posted pics of a lot of fresh vegetables a few weeks ago, and I wanted to let you know that NOT ONE of those veggies went to waste. I used them all! I didn't get pictures of everything that I made, but I did get pictures of some of my creations, and I wanted to share them here. (Because you KNOW how much I love to share pictures!)
(The "noodles" in this are really a spaghetti squash from Amanda's garden, and the sauce is a spaghetti sauce that I made from scratch).
I also had a little party this last weekend, and to prepare, I made artichoke dip, bruschetta with olive tapenade, fat dog brownies, cake balls, and oatmeal pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (with cinnamon chips). Wes, who has lived a long ways away from me for a long long time (about 8 years now) had no idea what he was missing--what a wasted life his taste buds have lived over the last 8 years--and it all finally overwhelmed him after he tasted the cookie dough, and he died a bittersweet death...
Cheers!


6 Comments:
I LOVE this post! I can only dream of being a good cook... that gene completely skipped me. Thankfully I married someone awesome who DOES like to cook! I love the picture of Wesley. He has DEFINITELY been missing out! What fun pictures, Allie!
All this food looks delightful and delicious. I want some!
I'm usually gone or getting ready for work by the time the healthy meals are ready, so I miss out on the good food. Or should I say successfully avoid that gross healthy meal?
I laughed at that picture of Wes on the floor. I think you should make some fat-dog brownies and cake balls for me! The food you cook looks awesome! I usually am pretty good at baking deserts, and I can cook a good steak. That is about it...
WAIT WAIT WAIT! HOLD IT! You are not allowed to make ANY of this good food without me! I don't think we talked about it before you left so I'll forgive you this time, but for the rest of your vacation you are only allowed to eat "Alaskan Chicken" and sushi. :)
I love the picture of Wesley on the floor!
Ohhhh, yummmmm! Just looking at the pictures has made me hungry girl!
Post a Comment
<< Home