Monday, April 11, 2011

Can't Win For Losing

My parents taught The-Amazing-Wonder-Steve and me to play pinochle. At first we weren't so good at it, but I feel like we've improved, which is to say: Now instead of them completely destroying us, we are able to give them a run for their money before they completely destroy us.

Let's take the game from this weekend for example:
The scoreboard looked like this:
and for those of you who aren't familiar with this game, you need 1500 points to win, so we are only 90 points away, and my parents have a LONG way to go, so we're feeling a little triumphant. (In fact, my dad tried to penalize us for "premature celebratory gestures"). One more round should put us over the top. And then...My mom throws down this meld on the last round of the game. A Round Robin (worth 800 pts) and a Double Pinochle (worth 300 points).

Destroyed again.

7 Comments:

Blogger gamefreak said...

That loss was pretty sacred Allie. But that's karma for you. Next time don't forget to call me back the Sundays that I call. lol

1:42 PM  
Blogger Kjersti said...

That is a wicked hand! I think you would have to love and hate Mom for a hand like that. My one critique is that this would look so much cooler in Adam cards. :)

9:16 PM  
Blogger Kae Loy said...

I had nothing to lose by betting on 7/8 of a round robin. I already knew that you two were going to win. I could hardly believe it when Wes sent me the queen of spades that I needed to get the round robin and then the other 3/4 of a double pinochle as well. What a rush! I'm sorry we snatched that win right out of your hands. You two deserved to win, you played that game so well.

7:55 PM  
Blogger gamefreak said...

Who dealt that hand by the way?

1:18 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

I think I dealt. I wish I could say it was Dad.

5:01 PM  
Blogger gamefreak said...

Hey Steve....what's that sticking out from your back? An Adam Lambert knife? Must go with Allison's "cut here" tattoo.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Danae said...

A beautiful sight to behold!!! Good job Mom and Dad... so sorry Allie and Steve!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home